Michelle E. Tarson
Michelle E. Tarson is an associate at Stagg,Terenzi, Confusione, & Wabnik, LLP. Her practice focuses on commercial litigation, contract actions and motor vehicle forfeitures. Michelle litigates in the state courts of New York and New Jersey, the District Court of New Jersey, the Eastern District of New York, the Southern District of New York, the Northern District of New York, the Appellate Division and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.
Michelle earned her J.D. from Boston University School of Law, where she was an Articles Editor for the Boston University Public Interest Law Journal. She accelerated her undergraduate studies by obtaining her B.A. from Binghamton University in three years, with a double major in Political Science and Environmental Studies.
Michelle is on the Executive Committee for the Justice Brandeis Law Society and a member of the Westchester Women's Bar Association. She is also registered with Operation Stand-By through the ABA's Military Pro Bono Project. Under Operation Stand-By, military attorneys are able to seek attorney-to-attorney advice from civilian attorneys on state-specific legal information in an effort to better assist service members.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Banking Law
- Breach of Contract
- Motor Vehicle Forfeitures
- New Jersey, 1998
- District Court of New Jersey, 1998
- New York, 1999
- Southern District of New York, 1999
- Eastern District of New York, 2000
- Northern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2007
- District Court of Connecticut, 2008
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court, 2013
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1998
Visiting Lecturer in Environmental Law at Boston College, 1998
Articles Editor, Boston University Public Interest Law Journal, 1997-1998
Case Note "Current Developments in the Law" - Playboy Entertainment Group, Inc. v. United States, 6 B.U. Pub. Int. L.J. 809 (1997)
ALI-ABA Continuing Legal Education Scholar for 1997 Environmental Law Conference in Washington, D.C.
Member, Boston University Public Interest Law Journal, 1996-1997
- Binghamton University, B.A., 1995
Teaching Assistant for Environmental Public Policy
[ Return to Attorneys List ]
- Fernicola v. Toyota Motor Corporation, 313 Fed. Appx. 408 (2d cir. 2009); In re Estate of Ray, 874 N.Y.S.2d 891 (Sur. Ct. Kings County 2009); Tri-Global Mgmt. Corp. v. Richardson, 807 N.Y.S. 2nd 638 (2d Dep't 2006); Overby v. Chase Manhattan Bank, 351 F. Supp. 2nd 219 (S.D.N.Y. 2005); General Motors Acceptance Corporation v. The County of Nassau, E.D.N.Y. CV 03-1177; Spira v. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., No. 09-8412, 2010 WL 3910290 (S.D.N.Y. Sept. 29, 2010) aff'd Spira v. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., No. 10-4590, 2012 WL 615597 (2d Cir. Feb 28, 2012)